“The UNESCO Chair for Education about Sustainable Lifestyles aims to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation on education for sustainable lifestyles. It will facilitate collaboration between high-level, internationally-recognized researchers and teaching staff of the College and other institutions in Norway, in Europe and North America, in Africa and in Latin America and the Caribbean, as well as in other regions of the world.
UNESCO Chair Tasks
(as defined by the contract between UNESCO and Hedmark University College)
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- promote, develop and share research outcomes on sustainable living;
- strengthen individual and collective awareness of the need for, the means of, and the consequences of sustainable living, notably through interdisciplinary education and research programmes, within the framework of the Partnership for Education and Research about Responsible Living (PERL);
- stimulate creative, innovative learning processes and new skills that can foster sustainable development;
- promote South-South and North-South collaboration through developing further the existing partnerships and activities on education for sustainable lifestyles, particularly in Latin America, Africa and Asia; and,
- cooperate closely with the existing UNESCO Chairs and UNITWIN Networks in the same field, and UNESCO’s relevant programmes and activities.