There are many different reference styles. Hedmark University College uses APA-style to document information sources.
· APA-style: Bibliographies, in-text citations and quotations: Example collection (Updated August 2014)
This collection is frequently updated, so we recommend using the link instead of printing out the document.
· EndNote – reference tool for writing bibliographies and in-text references
Video tutorials - Microsoft Word: table of contents, headers and footers, etc.:
- Library courses in information literacy
- Search & write: Online course in information literacy and academic writing
- VIKO: Guide to information literacy
Do you know enough about documenting information sources and plagiarism? Test yourself!
You can find an electronic quiz on information use and plagiarism in Fronter, in the room called "Biblioteket". The quiz should be taken after the library course Sources of information and how to document them, and is voluntary. Good luck!
Many of our electronic resources can be used from home. More information.
Writing a thesis: Online course
Take a look at Univ. of Stavanger's online course in scientific research and thesis writing, in English!
The HUC Library has made several short video tutorials about EndNote, Google Scholar and VPN.