Exchange students
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN) is happy to welcome every year exchange students from partner institutions!

Exchange students usually apply for study periods between minimum 2 months and up to one year. Shorter stays are also possible under specific exchange programs (e.g. Nordplus). Contact the international office if in doubt.


Application deadlines

- For exchange students to programmes with English as language of instruction standard application deadlines are May 1st for the autumn semester and October 1st for the spring semester. The semester programs at the Faculty of Applied Ecology and Agricultural Sciences have an open deadline but limited number of study places.

- For exchange and self financing students to programmes with Norwegian as language of instruction see


Erasmus+ programme

If you are EU citizen and attend a Higher Education Institution in your home country, the Erasmus+ mobility programme might be an opportunity for you. Contact the international office at INN or at your home institution to find out whether our institutions have a valid bilateral Erasmus+ agreement. If you choose to apply as Erasmus+ exchange student make sure to contact the international office at your home institution to find out about the application procedure and selection criteria to become the recipient of an Erasmus+ study or traineeship grant. The international office at your home institution will then get in contact with us.

Here you find key documents for the application process to become an Erasmus+ student at INN

Nordplus programme

Higher education institutions in the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) and the Baltic Countries (Estland, Latvia and Lithuania) can cooperate within the Nordplus programme with project funding from the Nordic Ministry. If your home institution and INN are part of a same Nordplus network, you are normally eligible to apply for a student grant to join us. Contact the international office at INN or at your home institution for further information about it! 


Student residence permit

Non-Scandinavian/ Nordic citizens have to obtain a student residence permit before they can attend a programme.

-    The application for student residence permit must be submitted from your country of origin or another country where you have been a legal resident for at least six months.

-    Nationals covered by the EEA Agreement and the EFTA Convention may apply for the residence permit from within Norway.

To apply to obtain a student residence permit in Norway you must have

-    a valid admission letter from receiving institution,

-    documentation ensured housing,

-    be ensured subsistence: You must have financial means equivalent to the amount of approximately NOK 100,000 *
(*The amount is being regulated each year. For the academic year 2016-17 the amount was NOK 103 950)

About the regulations, see: and

INN does not offer scholarships on a general basis.
Have a look at for other funding possibilities.


Scandinavian/ Nordic citizens

Scandinavians/ Nordic citizens have to meet the entry requirements for their respective countries.


Published: . Last change: .